5 Steps to Rapid Employment™
Exclusively for Workforce Development Professionals
Why this program is invaluable to your organization:
- Improves your organization’s performance in a measurable and cost-effective way.
- Serves more job seekers with less staff. This is a group training program where 1-1 training is significantly reduced due to the synergistic and motivational nature of the 5-step process.
- Reduces or eliminates staff stress levels and empowers greater productivity and results.
- Are your job seekers frustrated both by how long their job search is taking and with the lack of results they’re getting?
- Is your staff burned out, overworked, and overwhelmed by the numbers and expectations of job seekers?
- Has your organization struggled to keep up with the demand for services while also maintaining quality and meeting performance expectations?
If you answered, “yes” to any of these questions, it could be that your job seekers are using outdated job search techniques for a workplace that no longer exists. They are still playing by the old rules, while employers have developed new ways of finding and securing the talent they need. No wonder your job seekers and staff are frustrated! The good news is that there is a solution.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU: To serve and advance the initiatives of organizations across the country that connect job seekers with jobs or careers by providing cutting edge, motivational, and proven programs that result in rapid employment.
“The 5 Steps Program is the best program for landing a job I have seen in my 20 years in workforce development. It provides motivation, inspiration, and hope during a time it’s most needed.”
Tammi Casson, Employment Consultant
Business and Employment Resource Center, Westminster, MD
Jay Block’s 5 Steps to Rapid Employment™ program is a motivational, holistic step-by-step process that teaches the new skills and advanced self-marketing strategies needed to gain rapid employment. The foundation of the program is empowerment – changing limiting belief systems and motivating participants to take full responsibility for their job campaign.
The program teaches a systematic process where new skills, self-marketing tools, and strategies give job seekers a significant competitive advantage in landing the jobs they want quickly and confidently. Many customers have reported that it not only led to quick employment, but also literally changed every aspect of their lives.
When is the last time your job seeker customers said things like this . . .?
“I feel the 5 Steps to Rapid Employment™ gave me tools to handle all aspects of finding the job I want. From the emotional aspects of unemployment and the struggle to find a job or career to the practical tools that I can use to be successful in my campaign to get what I want and need. I feel empowered and more in control of my life and the process of finding the job I want.”
What are the 5 Steps?
- Learning How to Ride the Emotional Roller Coaster
- Manage emotions – fear and adversity
- Turn negative emotions into positive results
- Defining Your Goal
- Jobs/careers that enrich your life
- Work to live, not live to work
- Using Value-Based Resumes and Self-Marketing Tools
- Stand out and get noticed
- Reference portfolio, LinkedIn profile, and other secret weapons to rapid employment
- Creating a Meticulous Action Plan (MAP)
- The GPS to rapid employment
- Action plans to take care of you and your campaign
- Taking Action and Mastering a Few Self-Marketing Skills
- New actions create new habits that create a new life
- The miracle piece to all change – taking massive action
What makes the 5 Steps program different?
Provides a systematic, step-by-step process that takes the mystery and guess work out of landing a job. Customers know where to start, and what to do next all along the way.
Shifts the responsibility for the job campaign back to the customer, changing the expectation that the One-Stop Career Center staff will “get them a job.” The program teaches principles of success customers can use in all aspects of their lives, emphasizing personal responsibility and the need for action.
Puts the customer in charge of his or her job campaign. The campaign is a proactive plan designed and managed by the job seeker, supported by staff and classmates.
Is a complete “soup-to-nuts” package that includes principles of success, self-discovery, labor market research, goal setting, development of self-marketing tools, creation of a job campaign plan, learning and practicing networking and interviewing skills, and strategies to be successful on the job.
Cost effective — See pricing section below.
Teaches customers how to develop a package of self-marketing tools that goes beyond the traditional resume. Job seekers create a value-based resume, reference portfolio, case study portfolio, and LinkedIn profile.
Uses a holistic approach to help the job seeker identify and align his/her values with work and career goals. Customers create a vision, identify bridging activities to help them achieve it, and are more motivated to push through obstacles when they arise.
Offers flexible delivery options using web-based components and blended classroom workshops.
Proven results. Attendees who complete the program typically land jobs in less than half the time of the national average.
Getting Started with the 5 Steps to Rapid Employment Program
We make it easy to get started, and provide you all the support you need for successful incorporation of the program into your menu of services. Regardless of your annual subscription level, you can count on:
- Implementation Assistance — phone consultation regarding marketing and promotion, candidate selection, referrals, registration, staff development, delivery, integration, & program evaluation.
- Complimentary 5 Steps Instructor Certification online course that provides your instructor(s) with the knowledge and tools they’ll need to facilitate the program (see table below).
- Personalized onsite training from the JBC 5 Steps Team to ensure your staff learns the concepts and principles of the program so they can help their job seekers succeed during and after their participation in the program.
- Curriculum Lesson Plans – so that you can take advantage of the program’s flexibility, you’ll receive a set of modular lesson plans that you can “plug and play” into the format that best meets your needs.
- Instructor Community of Support –we’re all in this together, and we can learn much from each other to make our programs even stronger. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Share best practices & challenges through quarterly conference calls with program creator Jay Block, Master Trainers Todd Sloane and Bruce Wahlgren, as well as fellow 5 Steps instructors from around the country.
- Upload, and download documents developed by the JBC 5 Steps Team and/or your fellow 5 Steps instructors, so everyone can share in the wealth of knowledge and expertise.
- Access help along the way from the JBC 5 Steps Team as needed via phone, email, discussion forums, and optional additional training. We’re with you every step of the way.
- Get technical support related to the web-based Learning Management System (LMS) if needed.
You Will Be Pleased To Know: This license applies to your organization and if partners refer individuals to your organization, those individuals are covered as well, provided your organization has not exceeded its subscription level. You may increase the number of individuals you can serve in the 5 Steps to Rapid Employment program simply by upgrading your subscription level at any time, and paying the difference.
Statewide and bulk licenses are also available: contact Bruce Wahlgren at 800.219.4057 or for details.